Sunday, November 28, 2010

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

I am not quite sure how I stumbled upon Ashley Sisk's site called Ramblings and Photos, but if you haven't ever seen her photos she is AWESOME! I wish I was as dedicated a photographer as she is... maybe in 2011?!? Each week she puts up a new list of items for people to look for and photograph each week and each week I tell myself I am going to find all the items and photograph them. I have been doing this for over a month now, and you can see how many times I have posted on Sunday with my items... ZERO!!! So this Sunday, even though I am short one item, I am going to post my photos. I blame the fact that my family is down...

1. Black and White

I love turning photos black and white. This photo, however, I must admit I ended up taking with the "black and white" setting on my camera photo. I find that lately, since my phone comes with a "8 mega pixel camera" on it, there are times when I can get away with taking pictures with it and do a bit of minor editing in PhotoShop and actually be pleased with how things turn out. Don't get me wrong, I won't be turning in my DSLR anytime soon, but when I need to snap a quick picture and my phone is handy, I find that it will do the trick.

2. I Ate This


This is another picture from my phone :) Something I ate this week... SUSHI :)

3. Historic

Okay, this is the picture that stumpled me. Let's just pretent that I had picture up here of historic car, which I thought I might of taken at the Christmas Parade (but, obviously I didn't). Or some lovely historic landmark that we took my family by while they were visiting us here in wonderful NC.

4. Off Center



I took this picture of Miss A while we were at her Girl Scout adventure at Umstead State Park. My cousin joined us for the afternoon of cabin clean up and turtle hunting. It was wonderful having her along and Miss A loved being able to spend the extra time with her older cousin.

5. The End



So I had two different pictures lined up for this prompt. One was the end of the Christmas Parade (a.k.a. Santa) and the other, as you can see above, is my chihuahua's bum. Honestly, this one makes me smile more, so this is the one I choose.


Be sure to visit Ashley's site and see what creative picture's others came up with this week :) Oh and she is also hosting a give away for one of her beautiful pictures, so enter for that too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your "The End" interpretation!
That is awesome. So is the sushi! I'm a suss fein :]
Great job my friend!

Ashley Sisk said...

The end is very funny - I like your off center shot. Very sweet. Have a great week!

carlotta cisternas said...

Love your off center and your end shot made me smile ;)

A'n'G Johnson said...

Miss A is a gorgeous girl!
And I liked you the end. and now I'm craving sushi.

Summer said...

Great shots. Now I'm craving sushi!