Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Love That Shot - Link Up

I found "Love That Shot Link-Up" website via "I Heart Faces". Can I just tell you how much I am LOVING that site?!? It is really helping me to get back into my photography.

Unfortunately, my migraine last weekend kept Miss A and I from finishing her 11-year old photo shoot which would've been perfect for this challenge from "Love That Shot." Because of this, I was left to choose from one of the sixty-eight pictures I took that day to edit.

Which leads me to my photo tip, when taking pictures of your subjects don't be afraid take a lot of pictures! You never know when you are going to capture a little glimmer in their eyes or they are going to tilt their head just slightly to capture the light just the right way. I often start by shooting Miss A far and then zoom in slowly and she never knows the difference. After I get home I edit all the pictures down and erase what I don't want or need. No harm, no foul :)

Now, on to the picture. I shot this at a local park at roughly 3:00 in the afternoon, and the flash did not fire. As far as post production I do all my work in PhotoShop. I cropped the photo in to frame it close to her face and then I sharpened it. And finally, I created a semi-sepia look on the photo by doing a color-overlay.




No comments: